S.K.S.30kW.
2019 18TH FINA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GWANGJU PF

Obverse:

Enlarge

Reverse:

Enlarge

Coin Details

Origin/Country: KOREA
Item Description: S30KW 2019 18th FINA World Championship Gwangju
Full Grade: NGC PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO
Owner: Fenntucky Mike

Set Details

Custom Sets: This coin is not in any custom sets.
Competitive Sets: S.K.S.30kW.   Score: 431
Research: NGC Coin Price Guide

Owner Comments:

SERIES/TITLE: SPORTS
FACE VALUE: 30,000 WON
METAL: Ag .999
WEIGHT IN FINENESS (g): 14.0
DIAMETER (mm): 32.0
ALIGNMENT: MEDAL
STRIKE: PROOF
EDGE: REEDED
DECORATIVE ELEMENT: PAD PRINTING (COLORIZED)
MINTAGE: 10,000
YEAR/DATE OF ISSUE: JULY 3, 2019
DESINERS: N/A
ENGRAVERS: N/A

FROM THE BANK OF KOREA: The Bank of Korea has decided to issue the 18th FINA World Championships Gwangju 2019 Commemorative Coins and the 100th National Sports Festival Commemorative Coins on July 3 and September 26, respectively, to commemorate the hosting of these events.

OBVERSE: Center, a swimmer in the pool preforming a butterfly stroke, stylized water/waves in the fore and background. This depiction is meant to symbolize the swimmer diving into peace and vigorously reaching for a dream for the future. The image is meant to tie into the slogan for the Championships ‘Dive Into Peace’. At the top of the coin running in a semicircle around the rim from 9 to 1 o’clock is the inscription 2019광주FINA세계수영선수권대회 (2019 Gwangju FINA World Swimming Championships). At the bottom of the coin running in a semicircle around the rim is inscribed 2019/ 한국은행 / 삼만원 (Year of issue / Bank of Korea / 30,000 Won).

REVERSE: Center, is depicted the logo for the 2019 Gwangju, 18th FINA World Championships. At the top of the reverse running in a semicircle around the rim is inscribed DIVE INTO PEACE, the slogan for the Championships. At the bottom of the reverse running in a semicircle around the rim is inscribed ‘2019 / THE BANK OF KOREA / 30000 WON’ (year of issue / issuing party / denomination).

NOTES: 90% of the mintage was held for domestic sales while the other 10% was distributed by KOMSCO for international distribution.

The Championships total medal count was won by the U.S. with 36, followed by China and Russia each with 30. Total Gold Medals was won by China with 16, followed closely by the U.S. with 15. The Games were held from July 12 – 28, 2018 with over 191 countries and 2,623 athletes participating. South Korea was tied for last place on the medal count list with 1 bronze medal in the women’s 1m springboard, Korea’s first ever diving medal at the international swimming competition. 1m springboard is not an official Olympic event.

To follow or send a message to this user,
please log in