Bowers and Merena’s First Official Auction of the ANA Las Vegas Coin Show Packed With Fabulous Rarities
Scheduled for three sessions, the sale will be bringing numerous important and desirable rarities to bidders.
On October 27-28, 2005 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino Convention Center, the curtain will rise on a historic numismatic event: Bowers and Merena’s first Official Auction of the new ANA Las Vegas Coin Show. Scheduled for three sessions, the sale will be bringing numerous important and desirable rarities to bidders.
“We are thrilled that the new ANA Las Vegas Show has selected Bowers and Merena to be its Official Auctioneer,” said Bowers and Merena President Steve Deeds. “Consignors have reacted very favorably to this new venue, with collections both large and small set to cross the auction block in Las Vegas at the end of October.”
Continued Deeds: “Proof gold will definitely lead the way in dazzling bidders at the Mandalay Bay. Of particular importance in this portion of the catalog is an 1875 Liberty Eagle in NGC Proof 65 Ultra Cameo. The 1875 is a key-date, low-mintage issue with just 100 business strikes and 20 proofs originally struck. The coin that we are offering here is one of perhaps just seven or eight survivors of the proof delivery. Extant business strikes are even rarer, with only approximately five or six pieces being currently accounted for.”
“Early type coins are also well represented in our Official Auction of the ANA Las Vegas Coin Show,” stated Jeff Ambio, Bowers and Merena’s Director of Numismatics. “Many of these highlights are pedigreed to the Gladstone Collection. Included are a 1794 Liberty Cap Half Cent in NGC MS 63 Brown, a 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dime that NGC has graded MS 65 PL, and an equally historic 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dollar certified MS 63 at the same service.”
Please visit the Bowers and Merena website, www.bowersandmerena.com, to view the entire online catalog for the Official Auction of the October 2005 ANA Las Vegas Coin Show. Internet bids are also being accepted at that address. For information on lot viewing, sale dates and times, or to order a printed catalog, call Bowers and Merena toll free at 800-458-4646.
- 1847 Original Coronet Half Cent NGC Proof 66 RD
- 1856 Flying Eagle Cent NGC Proof 66
- 1858 Large Letters Flying Eagle Cent NGC Proof 66
- 1864 L on Ribbon Indian Cent NGC MS 66 RD
- 1872 Doubled LIBERTY Indian Cent NGC MS 64 RB
- 1877 Twenty-Cent Piece NGC Proof 66
- 1853 Arrows & Rays Seated Quarter NGC MS 67
- 1916 Standing Liberty Quarter NGC MS 66 FH
- 1814 Capped Bust Half Dollar NGC MS 66
- 1836 Reeded Edge Half Dollar NGC Proof 65
- 1872 Gold Dollar NGC Proof 67 UC
- 1825 Capped Head Left Quarter Eagle NGC MS 64
- 1865 Liberty Double Eagle NGC MS 65
- 1901 Liberty Double Eagle NGC Proof 66 CAM
This article provided by Bowers and Merena.