The 2011 CGC Registry Awards
We’re looking for the world’s greatest sets. Make sure yours are among them, and see if your collection has what it takes! Deadline for set registration is June 17.
Registry Set Awards
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- The Three Best Golden Age Sets (comics published starting with Action Comics #1 (June 1938) through 1959)
- The Three Best Silver Age Sets (comics published 1960 through 1969)
- The Three Best Bronze Age Sets (comics published 1970 through 1979)
- The Three Best Copper Age Sets (comics published 1980 through 1989)
- The Three Best Modern Age Sets (comics published 1990 through the present)
- The Three Best Presented Sets (sets with the best descriptive text and images)
- The One Best Magazine Set
- One Collector for Overall Achievement in Comics Collecting (this will be based on a collector’s overall collection of Registry sets)
Take the honors in one of these categories, and you’ll receive a personalized plaque, an icon of recognition next to your set’s Registry listing, and a one-year Premium membership in the Collectors Society.
Overall quality, balance and completion, in addition to Registry score, will all be important considerations when judging sets in competitive categories.
Additionally, collectors with the top set in each set type category will receive an icon of recognition by his / her set in the Registry and a certificate of achievement.
To participate, just enter your set online in the Comics Registry.
Message Board Awards
The message boards have become a vibrant community where collectors can come together to share their passion for comic books. It is a resource created and maintained by you, the collector, and the CGC awards would not be complete without the recognition of the top contributors. This year we will award three outstanding forumites. We will consider a forumite’s complete history of posts in determining the winners. The winning forumites will receive a personalized plaque.
Click here to learn more about the CGC Registry.
To enter, sets must be registered by 5 p.m. EST on June 17, 2011. Winners will be announced on July 22, 2011.