NGC-Certified 1907 Rolled Edge Eagle Tops Prices Realized at $2.185 million at 2011 FUN Auction
An NGC-certified 1907 Rolled Edge Eagle sold for $2.185 million during Heritage Auction's Platinum Night offerings at the FUN 2011 Convention in Tampa, Fla. The 1907 $10 Satin PR 67 with Periods Rolled Edge was one of five gold coins in the sale that belonged to Mint Director Frank A. Leach.
Over 6,700 bidders participated in the auction. Greg Rohan, president of Heritage Auctions, called the Leach specimen "the single finest example of the 1907 Rolled Edge ten that is known today."
Additional NGC highlights in FUN Auction include:
- Lot 5422: 1795 S-79 Reeded Edge cent, Fine Details NGC, realized $431,250
- Lot 5292: 1887 Liberty double eagle, PR67+ Cameo NGC, realized $402,500
- Lot 5278: 1864 double eagle, PR 65 Ultra Cameo NGC, realized $359,375
- Lot 5237: 1933 eagle, MS 65 NGC, realized $359,375
- Lot 5076: 1795 Small Eagle half eagle MS 65 Prooflike NGC. Breen-6414, BD-6, R.5., realized $345,000
- Lot 5507: 1804 quarter MS 65 NGC. B-1, R.3. Ex: Colonel Green, realized $325,000
- Lot 5170: 1795 13 Leaves eagle MS 64 NGC. Breen-6830, Taraszka-1, BD-1, High R.3., realized $322,000
A complete list of auction highlights and prices realized are on Heritage Auction's web site.